ID4Motion periodically offers software updates (called firmware releases) that improve your digital cluster performance and functionality. Here's how to make sure that your digital cluster is up to date.
1. )Updating your Digital Cluster requires an USB flash drive formatted as FAT32 with an msdos partition table.
2. )Updating your Digital Cluster requires access to the USB input located on the back of the Digital Cluster.
In our store a USB Flash drive is available for purchase, suitable for performing future updates on your digital cluster.
See our additional Accessories as well, such as a USB extension cable, to make the update process quick and convenient.
Before you Begin
A. Install Firmware Release
1. ) Download the latest firmware version available from our Firmware Releases.
2. ) Place the update file in the open space , or "root", of the USB Flash drive.
B. Install Purchased Items
1. )Download the update file attached in the follow-up email you received after purchase.
2. )Place the update file in the open space , or "root", of the USB Flash drive.
3. )Before starting the installation process, make sure your Digital Cluster is up to date with the latest Firmware Release.
Performing the Update
1. ) let the vehicle run and wait with plugging in the USB stick until the cluster has fully started.
2. )Plug in your USB stick and right-click.
A: The progress bar on the cluster will show you that the update is being installed. When ready you will see a green ‘check’ mentioning the software is installed successfully.
B: Feedback description.
3. ) Remove your USB stick and the cluster will reboot.
4. ) After that let the car go to sleep fully (approximately 1-5 minutes) and restart your car.
5. ) Your cluster is installed with the new software and you can check the version number in the internal menu.
When performing an update, it is important to ensure that the USB flash drive containing the update files is properly inserted into the digital cluster. Proper insertion of the USB flash drive is necessary for the device to detect and read the update files, and failure to properly insert the USB flash drive can cause the update process to fail.
When installing updates for a device, it is important to ensure that the USB drive used to transfer the update files is formatted correctly. In many cases, the USB drive must be formatted as FAT32 with an msdos partition table to ensure that the update process can be completed successfully.
When a USB drive is formatted with FAT32 and an msdos partition table, it is more likely to be recognized and read by a wider range of devices. This is important for firmware updates, as the device being updated may have limited compatibility with certain file systems or partition tables. By formatting the USB drive in this way, the risk of compatibility issues is reduced, and the update process is more likely to be successful.
In summary, formatting a USB drive as FAT32 with an msdos partition table is important for ensuring that the update process can be completed successfully. This format is widely supported by different devices and operating systems, which reduces the risk of compatibility issues and increases the likelihood of a successful update.
The product update process is designed to detect and install only one update file at a time. If there are multiple update files on the USB flash drive, the product may not be able to detect the correct file and the update process may fail. Therefore, it is important to ensure that only one update file is on the USB flash drive when updating your digital cluster.
Attempting to perform an update before the digital cluster is fully started can cause several problems. For example, the update process may fail, resulting in a partial or incomplete installation. This can lead to errors, malfunctions, or even damage to the digital cluster or other components in the vehicle. In some cases, attempting to update a digital cluster that has not fully started may even cause the digital cluster to stop working altogether.
To avoid these problems, it is important to wait until the digital cluster has fully started before attempting to perform an update. This ensures that all components are working properly and that the update process can be completed successfully.
Need more help? Start your support request online using our contact form and we'll connect you to an expert. Contact Us.
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …
FREE ORBIT DRIFT THEME WITH ALL NEW CLUSTERS
Purchase a Digital Cluster now to get the full Orbit Drift theme for free!
*Theme will be automatically added to your cluster.